Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkins and Glasses


Charles got his glasses today. He is sooooo cute! He has been a total champ with this whole thing. I was a little bit worried about him not wanting them, not wanting to wear them, losing them etc. But he seems totally into it. He was quite amazed when he first put them on. I think everything was so magnified it almost scared him. Plus it made him a little dizzy at first.

We picked them up around noon after Thomas's baseball game, and he has worn them all day. We told him that he can only take them off for baths, bed, swimming, things like that. And if he needs to take them off for any other reason, he must put them right in the case. He picked out a blue case with stars all over it. So later this afternoon, I told him I needed to trim his hair. He asked if he could take his glasses off so that they wouldn't get hairy. I told him that was fine, so he ran over, got his case and put them in. So cute!


Joshua and Thomas think Charles looks cool. Thomas even said that he wished he could have glasses, but quickly changed his mind. He said "no, that is just one more thing to have to be responsible with".



Charles and I went to pick out some pumpkins for the front porch today. He is so excited about fall and Halloween.

He played in the sandbox today like it was no big deal. His glasses didn't even phase him.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! He looks so handsome! I'm so impressed that he is keeping them on so easily. Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new pics. How do glasses make you look instantly so much older!?
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sure looks cute in the new specs. Way to go, Charles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charles looks so ADORABLE and so grown up. I can't believe that he played in the sand box on his first day with glasses. He could probably see all the grains of sand. I think he looks cool too! Seems like Charles just tackles any problem that comes along and makes it easy.
    Love you all,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Glasses Charles!!
    I remember my first pair of glasses. I didn't know what I was missing, everything was so clear.
    We will try to skype you tomorrow after school so that Alexander and Annelie can see them.
    It's a whole new world isn't it!
    Love,
    Aunt Yvette

    ReplyDelete