Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Pines


Joshua and Thomas went to camp today. This is the first time they have been to an overnight camp, and they were very excited. A little nervous too, but mostly excited.

It's funny the difference in moms and dads in these situations. We give our kids such different advice. For example, I told Joshua "don't forget bug spray. But if you do get bites and need benadryl, don't be afraid to ask." Steve told the boys "always get the hot meal unless it just looks really really gross. You will be hungry out there and cereal and sandwiches don't stick with you." I told Thomas, "keep up with your stuff, hang up your towel. You don't want to be stuck with a nasty wet towel the whole week." Steve said "when you get there, get the lay of the land. Try to figure out where you are right away so that if you ever get separated from the group you can find your way back." All this advice was being fired at them over breakfast this morning, poor kids! Its a wonder they weren't nervous wrecks.

No, that was me!

So nervous I forgot my camera. Thank goodness for my good friend, Nicole

We settled them in, made their beds and kissed them goodbye.
Here is Charles saying goodbye to Thomas on his bunk bed.
And Thomas taking my advice...putting on his sunscreen. So cute! (he didn't see me take this one)
And here is Joshua in his bunk...which is right next to his friend, John Ramsey.
I'm sure I will get through this week somehow. Me and my buddy Charles will hang out a lot and there will be some quiet in the house. I'm not sure how I will manage.

Meanwhile...the boys will be having a great time !!!!!




Wendy

2 comments:

  1. Hoorah for our boys at camp together! They will have so much to tell when they return home... hair a little longer, nails a lot dirtier!
    See you somewhere fun this week!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fun!! I watched the video on youtube. It must be easier since you get to drive out there and settle them in. You know where they are and met the counselors etc. They are in good hands.
    Thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing about their experience.
    Love, Aunt Yvette

    ReplyDelete